Continental Insurance Limited was incorporated in December 1999 with authorize share capital of Tk. 600 Million. Company was promoted with a clear vision and mission which is defined as
- Creating Good image, reliability and dependability of company among the clients
- To set new bench marks of customer service and professionalism
- Contributing national growth in depth and dimension
- Expand the marketing and branch network to reach the customers and hence giving them convenience
- To be a market leader of insurance business in Bangladesh
- Providing personal and quick customer service
- To enhance the shareholders value by performing above standards and giving them best returns on their investments
- To keep employees satisfied by managing them and not controlling and hence achieving better customer service
- To Introduce new and innovative products time to time which benefits the clients
- To add value to the society and participate actively in social development by fulfilling social responsibility
Company was awarded Century International Gold Quality Era Award 2012 by the business initiative directions based at Geneva, Switzerland. Company has achieved this award based on its world class services.
Currently company is servicing its clients through 32 branches spread across the nation. All branches are fully equipped with trained and professional personnel to give best services to the clients. Company also has a plan to have branches in remote areas of Bangladesh. At present company has 314 Employees on its role.
Company today hosts 31 different types of insurance products in its portfolio. Major insurance products offered by the company can be listed as
- Fire Insurance
- Industrial All Risk Insurance
- Marine Cargo Insurance
- Marine Hull Insurance
- Motor Insurance
- Contractor’s All Risk Insurance
- Erection “All risk” Insurance
- Electrical Plant Insurance
- Workman’s Compensation Insurance
- Employer’s Liability Insurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Cash in Safe, On transit, On counter Insurances
- Machinery Breakdown Insurance
- Deterioration of Stock Insurance
- Loss of Profit Insurance
- Household Insurance
- All Risks Insurance, etc.
Continental Insurance has reinsurance arrangement with Sadharan Bima Corporation, a Government organization for reinsurance business. Hence Company is capable of accepting insurance policy of any dimension as it has reinsurance treaties with other international reinsurance companies also. It can also insure high valued projects under this arrangement.
CIL’s management is highly optimistic for the future outlook of the company. It hopes to get better profits in the year 2012 and ahead because of changes in insurance policies and new laws formulated by IDRA in 2010 which are favorable for the insurance companies. With increase in financial activities in Bangladesh with its increase in growth in GDP, strong growth signals from exports and increase in domestic consumption there remains promising future for insurance companies.
Continental Insurance Limited was enlisted in Dhaka Stock Exchange on 2008; it’s been rated as “A” category share under the Insurance sector as on 16-09-2014
Contact Information of Continental Insurance Limited:
Address: Ideal Trade Centre (7th Floor)
102, Shahid Tajuddin Ahmed Sarani, Tejgaon, Dhaka-1208
Contact Phone: 9139063 , 8170274, 8170179, 8115679, 8124062, 8115811
E-mail: [email protected]
Web Address: www.cilbd.com