Asia Pacific General Insurance Company Limited was incorporated as Public Limited Company during 1999. It started its operation in the year 2000 and today it is recognized as a most trusted and secured company in insurance sector in Bangladesh. It caters to non life insurance sector with utmost care and ensures customer receives the best of services.
APGICL has its registered office at Dhaka. Company is promoted by a group of renowned industrialists of the country. They were highly qualified professionals and business personalities like chartered accountants, industrialists from sectors like electronic equipment and network services, product manufacturer, automobile importer, garment exporters and importers etc. Company had paid up capital of Tk 423.5 Million and it sat on reserve and surplus funds of Tk 281.26 Million. With it sound performance it has achieved an enviable position in insurance industry of Bangladesh.
Company hosts list of product and services and insures all the sectors of non life insurance business. Asia Pacific General Insurance Company Limited product and services are as follows:
- Fire Insurances (Provides insurance against to fire to all type of properties having intrinsic value like furniture, building, fixtures, fittings, goods, plant and machinery and merchandise)
- Marine Cargo Insurance (Provides insurance for risk in transportation of goods through river, sea, air, railway, truck)
- Marine Hull Insurance (Provides insurance for risk of vessel / ship going in sea or river)
- Engineering Insurance (Provides Insurance for Machinery Breakdown, Deterioration of stock. It also provides insurance for all kind of erection risk and contractors risk)
- Motor Vehicle Insurance (Provides all kind of insurances for various types of automobiles)
- Miscellaneous Accident (Provides Insurance for all kind of business accidents and interruptions, personal accidents including workmen’s compensation)
- Medical Insurance (Provides travel medical insurance and has a special feature to cover treatment in foreign countries)
Company in the year 2011 with its 8 branches recorded a gross premium income of Tk 243,870,074 which also includes public sector’s premium income of Tk 29,484,403. After paying reinsurance premium of Tk 101,512,036 net premium income stood at Tk 142,358,038 and net underwriting profit was a Tk 41,550,403 and net profit for the year and its appropriation was at Tk 91,037,279.
Asia Pacific General Insurance Company Limited’s Marine cargo business contributes most in the net premium collection of the company followed by Fire insurance and Motor insurance business.
Company has a good future ahead with its great team, good performance, and enough reserve funds to carry out the expansion further. APGICL is sure of being the most trusted and reliable name in insurance world of Bangladesh.
Asia Pacific General Insurance Company Limited enlisted in Dhaka Stock Exchange (DSE) in 2006, it’s been rated as “A” category share under the insurance sector as on 21-06-2014
Contact Information of Asia Pacific General Insurance Company Limited
Address: Green White Bhaban (3rd Floor),28,B.B. Avenue, DHAKA
Contact Phone: (8802) 9555338,9551388
Website Address: www.apgicl.com