IPDC is one of the oldest financial institutions of Bangladesh which was established by a team of International Finance Corporation (IFC) in the year 1981. The Aga Khan Fund for Economic Development (AKFED) acquired majority stake in the company and since then holds management control in the company.
Company has focused to industrial financing since its inception and has been partner to many of the corporate giants since their start ups. IPDC played a significant role in establishing unique and pioneer projects in Bangladesh. It is company’s vision to be the most honored and innovative financial institution of the country.
It is company’s mission to be known as quality brand catering need based financial solutions to its clients. Company’s objective can be listed as:
- To give maximum ROI to its investors
- To be profitable by achieving good ROI, Building capital and motivating and maintaining the good people
- To maintain business growth
- To give excellent services to its clients and managing superior standards of operations and hence maintaining an edge over competitors
- To protect and preserve the clients interest
- To create newer and innovative products and services
- To maintain ethical standards in all its functions and management
Company’s core values define the success and growth mantra for the company. These are:
- Client needs to be addressed promptly with top priority
- Quality of services must be at the heart of all the operation and should flow as a blood within organization
- To retain leadership position in the industry
- To fulfill the social responsibility
- To preserve the environment
- To remain alert towards economic changes in the environment
- To be responsible towards shareholders and investors.
Company fulfills its capital requirement by the way of a) Term Deposit Scheme and b) Wealth Builder Scheme. There are five different types of Term Deposit Schemes. These are as follows:
- Monthly Profit Scheme
- Quarterly Profit Scheme
- Annual Profit Scheme
- Cumulative Profit Scheme
- FDR with simple interest
- Company also has four different types of Wealth Builder Schemes. They are
- IDFC Ultiflex Deposit Schemes
- Millionaire Deposit Scheme
- Double Money Deposit Scheme
- Deposit Premium Scheme
Company’s deposit schemes vary from six months to five years and interest rates ranges from 8% to 11% p.a. All other facilities like Early Withdrawal, Flexible and Affordable Installment, Easy Payment Option, Gift Card Option, etc are available in the above schemes.
Companies Financing Portfolio includes:
- Project Finance
- Lease Finance
- Term Finance
- Equity Finance
- Working Capital Finance
Company follows all the standard set of procedure while financing. It protects the investor interest and ensures the repayment capability of the client availing finance. Company’s interest rate varies from time and guarantor / sponsors for the finance are necessary based on the scheme.
Company’s Financial state in FY 2011 was highly encouraging and growing. Its Operating Revenue during the period was at TK 697.4 Million and Net Profit after tax was at Tk 111.7 Million which generated EPS of 1.2 and NAV of 20. Company’s profit margin was at 16% which is giving good return of equity and investment.
Looking to growth scenario of company and growing investment demand company holds promising future ahead.
IPDC was enlisted in Dhaka Stock Exchange on 2006, it’s been rated as “A” category share under the financial sector as on 03-11-2012
Contact Information of IPDC:
Head Office: Hosna Centre (4th Floor)
106 Gulshan Avenue , Dhaka-1212, Bangladesh.
Telephone: (880-2) 9885533-8
Fax: (880-2) 9885532